There’s a moment every event planner loves: receiving that confirmation e-mail where the client finally gives the go ahead for their next event. We have recently experienced this thrill in the office when one of our large corporate groups confirmed an event in Amsterdam for next summer.
Amsterdam is perhaps not your usual summer destination as clients tend to choose the mountains or seaside, especially for incentives. However, the city is perfect for an urban escape and extremely corporate-friendly.
Reasons to host an event in Amsterdam
In this article on Iamsterdam.com we found 7 reasons why Amsterdam is just the perfect event destination.
- Amsterdam is easily accessible by international train and plane (the airport is only 20 minutes away from the city centre by public transport). On top of that, it is a very compact city with short travel times between hotels, venues and restaurants.
- It has great digital connectivity: Amsterdam is a tech hub with one of the strongest internet backbones in the world and a leader in innovation and applying new technology.
- There are more than 500 beautiful venues.
- There are more than 40,000 hotel rooms, all located close to the venues.
- It is an iconic international destination with 750 years of history to discover and countless things to see and do.
- It has an extensive knowledge and business network coupled with world-class universities and research centres.
- Amsterdam is known for its commitment to collaboration and social connectivity. Parties involved in your event are well-connected and accustomed to working together.
…And some rankings
On top of these very valid reasons to organise your event in Amsterdam, here are some top rankings involving the city:
#5 among world’s best cities for smart mobility
#6 city for international association meetings 2021 in Europe
#1 safest city in Europe and #6 worldwide
#1 sustainable European city
#3 best airport in Western Europe
#1 for direct connectivity and hub connectivity
Needless to say, we are thrilled to explore this destination thoroughly and polish our local connections in preparation for our upcoming event!